Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Be The Answer

Have you ever prayed over a specific thing only to battle an immediate onslaught of doubt and unbelief? Did I have enough faith when I prayed? This will take a miracle and I did not pray with a miracle kind of faith. Why would God answer that prayer for me? Each one of us has certainly faced a need so great that it required divine intervention. When we do require intervention, it’s these types of prayers that are usually the most heartfelt and sincere. We go to God with a sense of, “If you don’t move God, then it’s not going to be good.”

It’s possible that when we pray for an answer, God will call us to become part of the answer. If your child is rebellious and you are praying for a change of heart and attitude, God may speak to you to give up some overtime hours at the office and spend a little time at the ballpark with your son. You may pray for more intimacy in your marriage and God may speak to you to turn off the television for a season and begin to re-connect with simple conversation and coffee. Maybe you are praying for the church you attend to experience a renewed passion for people and Jesus, and to step it up with the programming and make excellence the benchmark to aim for, because after all, this is God’s work.

Be careful what you pray for because as part of the process, God may require that you become the answer - or at least part of it.

Over the next few weeks I will share how in my own life God has called me to “be the answer.” As I reflect and walk down memory lane for a while, I trust that God will speak to you in a new and profound way. Be careful to listen, God may be calling you to a new place of accountability and responsibility for the answer you are praying and believing for.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Pastor! I look forward to the upcoming stories!

    ReplyDelete